If i'm being completely honest I do not voluntarily read up on Covid unless it relates to my schooling or work. When i do want to find out more information I usually look on either New York Times since I now have a subscription or on UK's website. As of right now, I do not really trust anything I hear about covid because I have seen so many things about false positive tests, exaggerated positive test numbers, and how they have counted deaths unrelated to Covid as "Covid deaths." For example, I saw a tweet that Robert Tayman posted that said "Nurses at a hospital doing Covid testing became suspicious when all their tests were coming back positive. they sent 2 tests with unused swabs and they came back positive. Nurses used fake names, sent 10 unused swabs to be tested and all came back positive. We are being played!" This tweet was deleted, but screenshots quickly made their way to facebook, where they were shared thousands of times. None of my family members or friends think that New York Times or UK's website is faulty information, therefore not causing any conflict, but there are definitely some questionable websites out there with unreliable sources. I believe that the way Covid has been politicized will be more dangerous in the long run compared to just the pandemic itself because if it hadn't been politicized the way it was and we had just let this virus run its course, obviously still taking precautions, then there wouldn't be so much conspiracy and political issues brought into it.
This is an example of why I do not trust anything I hear about Covid from officials.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.