Tuesday, September 22, 2020

My Look on Covid-19 at UK

     Over the past few weeks I have concluded that Covid-19 is spreading like wildfire here at the University of Kentucky. I say that because I found out recently that many of my friends that go to school here had gotten Covid and gave it to their roommates and other friends. There are many reasons to why this is happening but I am going to focus on college parties. The residence halls and the university have restricted policies that we must follow which decreases the exposure of Covid to students living on campus resulting in less cases. On the other hand, it's different for the students who live in their own apartment or house off campus because they don't have the same restrictions, if any, as students who live on campus. Therefore, if they decide to have a get together of however many people they want while not following social guidelines, Covid is highly exposed to the students who attend which can result in Covid spreading to other students on campus who don't attend the parties. This problem does worry me because I don't want us students to get sent home. Although all of my classes are online already, I enjoy being in Lexington and the environment of the UK campus. Other than that issue, I have noticed that a majority of the students have been taking the correct precautions to stay safe by always wearing their mask and social distancing, so if a solution can be found for those students to take this virus more seriously and be aware of the rise in cases, I think we'll be able to continue our education on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Will The Covid Vaccine Change Global Politics?

 I really hope that America gets the vaccine first because if any other country gets it first, I believe that they will not give us the vacc...